Protection Of Personal Information Act
Vexila (Pty) Ltd welcomes you to its website. By viewing this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accepted the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
You understand and agree that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by the “owner” of this website. Further by continuing to access this website you specifically agree that the Company will use such information provided by you, irrespective of the nature of such information.
Vexila (Pty) Ltd shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
As per the POPI Act personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you as a person or data subject, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address. A definition of personal information can be found in Vexila (Pty) Ltd’s POPI policy.
The Collection of Personal Information
Employee and Contractor Information
- To Remunerate the person;
- To comply with laws authorising or requiring such processing, including (but not limited to) the Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997; the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 as amended; the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998; the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962 and the VAT Act 89 of 1991;
- To Admit the person to the Pension Fund and/or Medical Aid providers, if applicable;
- To conduct criminal, credit, employment reference, and other related reference checks;
- To provide value-added services such as human resource administration, training, performance reviews, talent management and other reasons related to the management of employees and/ or contractors.
- To render customer-related services and administration of customer accounts;
- To conduct criminal, credit, reference, and other related reference checks.
- To authenticate the customer;
- To provide the customer with information which Vexila (Pty) Ltd believes may be of interest to the customer, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Vexila (Pty) Ltd is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Supplier and Third-Party Contractor/Service Provider Information
- To secure the products and services of the supplier/service provider or contractor as part of Vexila (Pty) Ltd’s product and service offering;
- To manage the Vexila (Pty) Ltd supply chain and relationship with the supplier and/or contractor for any purposes required by law by virtue of the relationship between the supplier and Vexila (Pty) Ltd;
- To render services relating to the administration of supplier/service provider or contractor accounts;
- To provide the supplier/service provider or contractor with information which Vexila (Pty) Ltd believes may be of interest, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Vexila (Pty) Ltd is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
- Directly from the person when he/she applies for any Vexila (Pty) Ltd related employment, provide services to Vexila (Pty) Ltd, submit forms requests or transactions, use our websites or make use of any of the Vexila (Pty) Ltd services;
- From public registers, credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies and any other organisation from which Vexila (Pty) Ltd may acquire your information;
- From people and entities employed by Vexila (Pty) Ltd to provide services to Vexila (Pty) Ltd which may be legally entitled to provide Vexila (Pty) Ltd with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Vexila (Pty) Ltd will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is:
- Required by law or contractual obligation;
- Otherwise reasonably required by Vexila (Pty) Ltd for lawful purposes related to its functions and activities;
- Retained further with the person’s consent:
- After which the information will be de-identified and disposed of as per the Vexila (Pty) Ltd Control of Records policy.
Sharing of Personal Information
Any information supplied to Vexila (Pty) Ltd will be treated as confidential and Vexila (Pty) Ltd will not disclose information unless legally permitted thereto. No information will be transferred to a Third Party without the explicit consent of the data subject unless legally obliged thereto. By providing the personal information, the data subject agrees that Vexila (Pty) Ltd may transfer the information to the following people and organisations in pursuit of the data processing purposes set out in our POPI Policy:
- To the divisions and entities in the Vexila (Pty) Ltd Group, including directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
- To financial and government organisations who may request information from Vexila (Pty) Ltd, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
- To persons employed by Vexila (Pty) Ltd to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Vexila (Pty) Ltd regarding the treatment of personal information;
- To any person to whom Vexila (Pty) Ltd cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
- To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
- To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject (employee, contractor, supplier and/or customer) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed and stored by Vexila (Pty) Ltd:
- Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
- The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject;
- The right to request Vexila (Pty) Ltd to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
We may provide links to/or accept links from websites of other parties for convenience. We do not control or maintain the material presented by other persons on their websites and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained on a site. We provide these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply any association or relationship between us and the person sponsoring the linked site and does not constitute or imply any endorsement, approval or sponsorship of the linked site. The links do not imply legal authority to use any protected rights of others reflected in the links. We do not vouch for or assume any responsibility for the content, accuracy or completeness of material presented directly or indirectly on linked sites.
No warranties and limitation of liability
The information presented on this web site is provided ‘as is’, ‘with all faults’ and ‘as available’, without representation or warranty of any kind – as to suitability, reliability, merchantability, fitness, non-infringement, result, outcome or any other matter. We do not represent that such information is or will be always up to date, complete or accurate. Any representation or warranty that might be otherwise implied is expressly disclaimed. Insofar as our website contains links to any other internet website, you acknowledge and agree that we do not have control over any such website and shall therefore not be liable in any way for the contents of any such linked website, nor for any costs, expenses, losses or damages of any nature whatsoever arising from you access and/or use of any such website.
Whilst we will do everything in our power to ensure that our server is free from viruses, Trojan horses, bombs, time-locks, or any other data, code or harmful mechanism that has the ability to effect the operation of your system, by employing industry standard virus protection and technology, we cannot and do not, however guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties.
You agree that we are not liable to you or others, in any way or for any damages of any kind or under any theory, or for any costs, expenses, losses, and damages of any nature (whether direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential) arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the website, your inability to use the website and/or operational failure of the website, and or whether or not such costs, expenses, losses and damages are based on contract, delict, strict liability or otherwise, arising from this site, or your access to use of or reliance on the information on or through this site.
Intellectual property rights and restrictions on use
All rights to the content of this website are reserved and retained by the owners of such rights. Users of this website are not granted a licence or any other right including, without limitation, under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or Intellectual Property Rights to the contract.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
Vexila (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the Vexila (Pty) Ltd Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by
these terms, please exit this page and do not access or use the website.